So, I know I'm going out of order, but bear with me - some random posts are better than no posts! I'm going back to Thanksgiving 2008 for the first three pics, then on to Christmas break for the next 2 - if you're at all squeemish, don't look past the family pic!
Over Thanksgiving, my Dad, Sallie, and I took a trip to the Kennedy Space Center. Here I am standing under a space shuttle; proof that I was actually there! We ate at a seafood restaurant on the way back home, and they had corn fritters, which I had never had before, but are absolutely awesome. I'm sure they are completely awful for the arteries, but yum yum yummy!
Yay, I got to see my Charaley over Thanksgiving, too. I miss the little booger!
The whole new family over Thanksgiving, including Sallie's sister and her family and Sallie's two sons with their families.
Yes, I know I'm a little weird, but I just had to put these in here. Right before Christmas break, I had surgery on my thumb - A1 pulley release to correct my trigger thumb, and I just had to document the progress before the stitches came out (which, by the way, I did take out myself with my suture scissors!). The surgery went completely fine, once they got the IV in (that was definitely the worst part!), and the drugs pre-op were great. One of the drugs made me feel quite drunk and was rather a lot of fun. I didn't even know I'd had the surgery because the sedation was so good. When I woke up, I looked at my hand to see if they had finished. And, it was completely blue! I believe I asked, "Am I cold?" To which I was told that no, it was simply the soap they had used to clean my arm! I wish I had a picture right after I took the bandage off because I was blue - like a Smurf, hypoxia, or someone badly bruised!
Just for comparison, I had to throw in this pic from Belize. I cut my hand open on some limestone the 4th day I was there (way back in the Fall of 1999!), and with a gash half-way across my hand, I only got 3 stitches, compared to the 5 stitches I got on the little-bitty incision on my thumb! But, Belize is still way cheaper if you ever need to get stitches!
1 comment:
I figured it was a vampire bat that got ya in Belize!!! haha
Post a Comment