Rainbows are never in short supply out here in Colorado, or anywhere in the Rocky Mountain West, for that matter. Nevertheless, I am always in awe when I see one. Rainbows will always remind me of my flight down to Belize in September of 1999. Although I really wanted to go to Belize, when I got to the Denver airport with my parents, I was so nervous about the fact that I didn't know where I was going that I was wondering why on earth I had decided that this was a good idea for me! My mom told me to look out the airplane window and watch for rainbows, circular ones just off the wing, and to remember that Jesus was with me. Well, not only did I have a window seat, but I had one right over the wing, and yes, I saw circular rainbows! And, seated next to me was a black man on his way to visit his mother in the Caribbean who was a Christian and gave me his copy of The Daily Bread for my journey! Jesus was indeed with me, and every time I see a rainbow, I am reminded of that. So, the next time you see a rainbow, even the circular ones outside plane windows (look for them, they're there!), remember you are never alone!
a rainbow and pink clouds reflecting the sunset outside my apartment



1 comment:
Sarah, what a wonderful story! God keeps his promises... to never leave us nor forsake us. You Mom was a wise parent :) We miss you!
Post a Comment